Breckenridge evokes images from a Wild West movie with its lengthy main street lined with stores, pubs, and restaurants. It’s a charming old mining town. It has been attracting a dedicated following for decades thanks to its warm atmosphere and a wide variety of skiing, and its popularity shows no sign of dwindling.
The journey from Denver to Breckenridge takes around an hour and a half to two hours, depending on traffic and weather. Winter weather and skier traffic may frequently cause travel delays, so plan if you need to catch a flight.
Things to remember while traveling from Denver to Breckenridge:
- Breckenridge is less expensive and less formal than Vail or Aspen.
- This magnificent trip up the Eastern Slope of the Rockies on Interstate 70 offers several opportunities for brief viewing and exploration breaks, and some conveniently placed just along the roadway.
- During the winter ski season, drivers from Denver to Breckenridge should consider that world-class ski resorts like Loveland, Keystone, and Arapahoe Basin are on the road.
- There are many chances for hiking, mountain biking, and fly fishing during the warmer months.
- While driving from Denver to Breckenridge, choose a major route for your Denver to Breckenridge road trip. The quickest route is to take I-70 West out of Denver, the only major highway you need to follow until you reach Highway 9, about 10 to 15 minutes before Breckenridge.
- If you want to travel and view sites more, you may take the scenic route from Denver to Breckenridge on US 285 South.
3 best ways to travel from Denver to Breckenridge:
If you wish to visit Breckenridge to either see the historic area or ski, here we’ll show you the best three ways to travel from Denver to Breckenridge by road:
1. Rental Car Service:
Are you one of those travelers who love to set their own pace and enjoy an independent ride?
If yes, you might go for rent a car service from Denver to Breckenridge option. Breckenridge, a world-class ski resort, may become busy in the winter. Accommodations in adjacent communities like Dillon, Frisco, and Silverthorne are popular. Driving in Colorado during the winter is subject to tougher laws.
In severe snowfall, your automobile needs winterized tires, so avoid a costly fine; you’ll need an SUV or AWD. This rule prevents cars from slipping on icy roadways in the winter.
Cars may be rented at the Denver International Airport or in the city core. Depending on traffic and weather, the travel from Denver takes roughly 1 hour 45 minutes. If arriving from the airport, follow signs for I-70 west. This roadway will take around one hour. You’ll drive via the Eisenhower Tunnel. The route brings you to the Continental Divide and the Rocky Mountains.
You may also travel Highway 285 south from Denver to Highway 9 north. This may add a half-hour to your journey time, but it can save time during busy holidays and weekends when everyone is travelling I-70.
2. Shared Shuttle Option:
If you don’t want to spend time or money on transportation, you may always use a shared shuttle service. The trip may take up to 2.25 hours, but you won’t notice the time passing since the ride is so pleasant. Frequent visits back and forth are also a common occurrence.
Passengers on the Epic Mountain Express trip will be seated in a vehicle that can hold roughly 10 people. Breckenridge hotels and holiday resorts are within a few miles of one other as they make their way to the airport.
Booking your ticket online or at the airport’s ticket counter is an option. There may be a lengthier wait for the latter option if the maximum capacity is exceeded.
3. Hire a Luxury Limo Service:
Hiring luxurious limo services from Denver to Breckenridge is the best among all three options if you want a more laid-back experience. In a luxurious limo with sumptuous leather upholstery, you’ll enjoy a private and luxurious trip.
In limousine service Denver Airport from the airport, a chauffeur will pick you up in the most comfortable vehicle. Booking a private form of transportation like this allows you to stop whenever you need a break, some food, or an opportunity to snap some shots. This service is accessible around the clock. Compared to a rent a car option or a shared shuttle service, it is more cost-effective to use a private limo service.